|Organisation||TIAS School for Business and Society / Sustainable Development Initiative|
|Role||Policy Advisor & Lecturer|
|Introduction||I support higher education for sustainable development by offering strategy development and implementation, process facilitation, training, education and research – with a focus on management and business education.
I do so partly independent and partly at TIAS School for Business and Society. At TIAS, it is my responsibility to develop and implement a coherent strategy for the integration of ‘Business and Society’ into all programs and to develop education related to ‘Business and Society’, sustainable development and Corporate Social Responsibility.
|Why am I an OPEN Associate?||Contributing, collaborating and learning are the key words. I am committed to transforming management and business education, and OPEN seems an excellent platform for sharing expertise and experience with like-minded professionals – which is paramount to maintaining a critical attitude and ensuring actions go beyond the level of incremental change towards the transformation of systems.|
|Areas of expertise||SDGs/Sustainable Development, Social Sustainability Issues, Corporate Sustainability, Strategy, Systems Thinking, Higher Education for Sustainable Development|
|My expertise in more detail||Transformation of management and business education; holistic/integral approach to higher education for sustainable development (built-in instead of add-on) based on a combination of competencies, methods and contents (among others Sustainable Development Goal; Creating shared Value; business models; systems thinking; appreciative inquiry; …)|
|Credentials||Presentations at academic and professional meetings:
• ‘Towards transformative ESD assessment at business schools’ – 22nd International Sustainable Development Research Society Conference, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Portugal, July 14th 2016. (Best Paper Award)
• ‘Towards transformative assessment of higher education for sustainable development’ – COPERNICUS Alliance Conference 2015, Caixa Forum, Madrid, Spain, November 24th 2015.
• ‘Business and management education for sustainable development:
a process for creating sustainable public value’ – 2nd World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities (WSSD-U-14), Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom, September 4th 2014.
• ‘Sustainable Innovation in Business and Management Education’ – 14th International Winelands Conference ‘Innovation for the Urban Age’, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, April 3rd 2014.
• Workshop ‘Creating Sustainable Public Value through Education for Sustainability’ at SUN ESSEC 2013 (incorporating the GRLI 14th General Assembly, the EFMD- AACSB Responsible Management Education Forum, the GOLDEN for Sustainability partner meeting, the UN Global Compact France network meeting) at ESSEC Business School, Paris, France, June 6th 2013.
Minderman, M. (2015). Business and Management Education for Sustainable Development: A Process for Creating Sustainable Public Value. In: Leal Filho, W., et al. (eds.), Integrative Approaches to Sustainable Development at University Level, World Sustainability Series, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-10690-8_32, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, pp.467-478.
Reviewer for Journal of Cleaner Production concerning articles in the field of higher education for sustainable development
Development of courses, programs, and other tools:
• ‘Business & Society Competency Framework and Toolkit’ at TIAS, as well as various courses, lectures and assignments for MBA and Executive Master Programs (among others concerning Creating Shared Value, Sustainable Development Goals, appreciative inquiry and systems thinking).
• 2 courses about Sustainable Development (introduction) and the Sustainable Development Goals as part of a minor program at University of Applied Sciences Utrecht (developed in 2016)
• International Sustainable Development, Postgraduate Course for Professionals in Business and Society at University of Applied Sciences Leiden, Netherlands (developed in 2011-12)
|Products/Services offered||Strategy development and implementation, process facilitation, training and research concerning Higher Education for Sustainable Development (at organizational/strategic level)
Designing and delivering workshops, lectures and courses/programs concerning sustainable development (goals) and CSR/CSV.