As a global membership organisation, we can only be as strong as our community. We rely on the ingenuity, resilience and creativity of our membership to help us accelerate the mainstreaming of responsible business practice. Together we can achieve something remarkable – for every business to be a One Planet business.
We are interested in working with business educators of all shapes and sizes – business schools, incubators and accelerators – as well as entrepreneurs and owners, managers and leaders of businesses of all sizes around the world about how they can contribute to achieving our mission.
We are looking for institutional and individual members able to demonstrate that they:
- Share our values and vision – i.e. committed to every business being a One Planet Business
- Can act effectively as a local ambassador for the OPEN brand in their country and wider region
- Can contribute something unique to the OPEN community, for example through an area of expertise grounded in world-leading research
Institutions can get involved either as:
- One Planet Business Schools
- Business Members – local / national / global
- NGO Members
OPEN will benefit your institution by:
- Supporting institutional, cultural and curricular transformation through tools, leadership & faculty development, consulting and visiting faculty sourcing;
- Improving your reputation and student enrolment by offering external validation, recognition and promotion of your commitment to responsible and sustainable business education through the use of our branding, networks and channels;
- Creating an academic network of like-minded institutions, teaching and research faculty, students, alumni and employers;
- Facilitating peer-to-peer knowledge creation and sharing;
- Improving links to a global network of employers committed to more sustainable business practices and the recruitment of people- and planet-minded managers and leaders;
- Supporting the organisation of local OPEN events, as well as hosting regular global OPEN events.
Find out more about becoming a One Planet Business School here.
Individuals can get involved as:
The only real difference is where you are in your career – Fellows already have established international reputations in their areas of expertise, whereas Associates will have emerging international reputations. Both levels of individual membership give you access to a range of practical tools for accelerating the embedding of sustainability into business education including:
- OPEN Faculty – our service for connecting sustainable business experts with business schools around the world to deliver teaching and consultancy.
- One Planet Business – our social collaboration platform for supporting innovation in the teaching, research and practice of sustainable business.
Our membership activities go live in July 2017 following our global launch in New York.
We hope you’ll consider joining us.