SUSTEX 2020 dates have been announced for 15-17 April.
The 2nd SUSTEX International Summit at Texas A&M University – Central Texas focuses on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and invites contributions about the social, economic, and environmental dimensions of the SDGs.
With the rollout of the seventeen Sustainable Development Goals for 2030, our universities train leaders to ensure that this ambitious international agenda can be met in an efficient, profitable, and socially responsible manner. We acknowledge that all national and regional contexts differ, and therefore it is critical that we analyze real world challenges for communities, firms, schools, and governments in localizing the SDGs.
Therefore, we encourage submissions within the following general themes:
- Leadership for Sustainability
- Strategic planning and management for long term sustainable economic growth
- Corporate social responsibility
- Responsible design and management of supply chains
- Construction/redesign/maintenance of resilient infrastructure and sustainable industrialization
- Food security and promotion of sustainable agriculture production
- Poverty alleviation through entrepreneurship
- Stakeholder partnership and collaboration and measurement to ensure localization of SDGs
- International management for sustainability
- Organizing for sustainable effectiveness
- Other themes you find to be relevant.
Submissions should be scoped locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally, as appropriate for your study.
- Abstract deadline: 10 January 2020
- Acceptances will be communicated on a rolling basis by: 3 February 2020
- Full paper deadline for inclusion in proceedings: 1 April 2020
The goal of the SUSTEX is to bring current and future leaders together in the private sector, government, and academia together in a personalized environment (no more than 120 attendees) to reflect and discuss the current challenges and successes in advancing sustainable business practices and education. This conference is a full two-day format with a focus on your role in the field of sustainability. After a welcome dinner on Wednesday evening, the focus for Thursday is geared more to include private sector and government solutions and approaches, scheduled with keynote speakers/panels and breakout sessions. Friday will likely focus on academic aspects of sustainability through presentations of original research, teaching cases, and discussions about how to promote sustainability in higher education. The format on Friday may include workshops, roundtables, and research presentations.
For more information, including registration details, visit: https://www.tamuct.edu/coba/sustex.html