by Tony Cooke, CEO, One Planet Education Networks
We’re really excited to be announcing that, after months of hard work behind the scenes, our partners at Texas A&M University-Central Texas, the world’s first One Planet Business School, are preparing to launch their new Master of Science in One Planet Leadership. OPEN Fellows Professor Jody Fry and Professor Barb Altman have been heavily involved in its development, with support from the OPEN team including Professor Jonathan Gosling, Dr Sally Jeanrenaud and Jean-Paul Jeanrenaud.
The first class-based cohort will start in the Fall. An online cohort will then follow in the Spring 2019.
This program is designed for practising managers and leaders interested in developing the knowledge, mindset and competencies to successfully lead organisations towards a sustainable future.
With a focus on sustainability principles, it’s a program that challenges students to explore the complex task of creating and leading learning organisations that seek to maximise employee well-being, social responsibility and performance excellence – the triple bottom line or ‘People, Planet, Profit’.
The program draws heavily from our book ‘Sustainable Business: A One Planet Approach’ (in fact, there will be a module by the same name) with a core focus on leadership responsibilities, competencies and ethics, as well as a focus on developing skills for cross-sector partnerships and driving change. The full program breakdown is shown below:
- Research Methods
- Organisational Behaviour
- Sustainable Business: A One Planet Approach
- Responsibilities and Ethics of Leadership
- Designing Organisations for Sustainable Effectiveness
- Global Leadership for Sustainability
- Leadership Development and Formation
- Sustainable Operations and Service
- International Management for Sustainability
- Cross-Sector Partnerships for Sustainability
- Development and Change for Learning Organisations
- Graduate business or management elective
The introductory leaflet for the program can be downloaded here MS One Planet Leadership_July2018